If your car breaks down it can be a very scary and daunting experience which can cause drivers to panic and get confused. That’s why it’s important to know the most effective practices to follow to ensure that both you and your vehicle are seen to as soon as possible in the safest and stress free way.
As a local Cambridge based recovery company, we strive to provide knowledge to the community, so we have written a few pointers that can be followed to ensure that if you are unlucky enough to break down, you know how to react.
- Look after your car. Making sure that your car is running correctly will save you lots of expensive repair bills once something has gone wrong. You can read an article about general maintenance you can do at home here – car care.
- Store a map in your boot along with warm clothing in your boot, even if you have a sat-nav or a smartphone you could find yourself in a low-signal area and not know where you are.
- Warm clothing is also a must as if you have to leave your vehicle and wait on the verge or side of the road, you can get very cold and wet. Buying some reflective jackets can be a great idea so that you can wear them at night or when visibility is poor to make sure you are seen.
- If possible to do so you can also use your warning triangle to make other drivers aware about your vehicle, although do not use a warning triangle on the hard shoulder and only ever use the triangle if you are confident you it is safe to do so.
- Do not attempt to fix or tamper with your car, this can often cause more problems and can increase the danger to yourself, especially if your car has broken down in an unsafe position.
- As soon as you are ready to leave your vehicle, leave the car by the left-hand side if possible and make sure any passengers do this too, so you can make sure no traffic will be in danger.
- If you have any other passengers with you when you break down then ensure that as soon as you have parked your car in the safest position, move away from the car and road onto the verge or behind the protection barrier.
- Save our number in your mobile phone or write it down and place it in your glovebox to ensure that if you do require recovery or roadside assistance, you can simply give us a call. No matter what the problem we are always happy to help.
Help I’ve broken down and I need recovery!
Call us for help on our emergency recovery line and we will be able to assist you over the phone and come and recover your vehicle in the fastest and safest way and get you to where you need.
Cambridgeshire Recovery Emergency Hotline – 07913204238
After reading the article, if you have any questions or comments then please feel free to comment below or get in touch with our team and we and only happy to help.
Here at CCS, we want to do our upmost best to provide you with a fast and cost effective solution to those who have been involved in a collision or if your vehicle has broken down in Cambridgeshire or surrounding areas. We ensure that our response is as prompt as possible and our customer service is second to none and you can read what our customers think here.
Simply give us a call on our breakdown hotline for free impartial advice and assistance if required – 07913204238.