Christmas is just around the corner and as we arrange to spend time with family and friends a long drive may be on the cards. We are often giving out tips for long journeys and what to check before you leave but these things become even more important when the cold weather has set in. So please take a moment to remind yourself of the following before you set off as no one wants to be stuck on the side of the road, especially at Christmas.
- Keep a de-icer and scraper in your car as in cold temperatures, cars can freeze over in minutes and not just overnight.
- Ensure you have washer fluid as this can also act as a de-icer.
- Check your tyres are in good condition, and if they need replacing make sure you do so. Although we do not want the expense at Christmas, you cannot put a price on your safety.
- Keep supplies in your car just in case you do get stuck. Something warm like a coat or blanket, food and water.
- Save Cambridge Car Solutions number in your phone and contact us if you do break down and one of our team will be out to you as a matter of urgency.
As the year comes to an end we reflect back on 2016 which was full of us buying and selling used cars, recycling and scrapping those that didn’t make the cut and lots of recoveries. We saw an expansion in our services and an improved fleet of recovery vehicles meaning we can get out to more of you quicker and more environmentally efficient.
Cambridge Car Solutions would like to wish all our clients, past, present and future a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. Stay safe this festive season.